Pages

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Morning Coffee and Little Lap Quilts



My soul is fed with needle and thread, my body with chocolate and coffee!

I can't believe how much fun I'm having making up these little lap quilts for the residents of the care center. They are quick and easy to make, yet let me be a bit creative with my fabric choices. It is a perfect combination.

Each little quilt is made with someone in mind; maybe not a specifically named person, but certainly a special person. For example, this John Deere Logo fabric would be perfect for a former farmer. I know there are former farmers in this little Iowa farm community. (Hopefully they liked their tractors to be Deeres.)


And I see this vintage rose colored fabric as something a farmer’s wife might like. It reminds me of a big farm kitchen where lots of wonderful baking, cooking and canning took place. I can see it as a ruffled apron, gathered curtains or even an every day tablecloth on the kitchen table. It just says home to me.

Whether I’m picking through my boxes of fabric or finding a new piece at the fabric store, there is a process with each piece selected and I’m having fun with it. And while this project is definitely feeding my soul it is also feeding my body; coffee and chocolate are flowing freely! (-:

~~~

1 comment:

  1. I love them, Sandy! And, I love the fact that you are envisioning their owners. I think that brings some kind of specialness to the recepient when we "feel" them as we work. So lovely! Are are really knocking them out! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete