Pages

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Morning Coffee - Nothing to disclose!


“Come to me with your defenses down, ready to be blessed and filled with My presence.  Relax, and feel the relief of being totally open and authentic with Me.  You have nothing to hide and nothing to disclose, because I know everything about you already.  You can have no other relationship like this one.  Take time to savor its richness, basking in My golden light.”

Jesus Calling
Sarah Young

I have “nothing to hide and nothing to disclose”.   What a reassuring thought; and one I needed to hear. 

Recently I’ve been struggling with a comment I made to a friend in an email.  I started second guessing what I had written; worrying how she may have interpreted my thoughts.   Since I am new to this grieving-the-loss-of-a-spouse process, I began to worry whether I’m doing it right.  Do people think I am grieving properly?  Am I saying the right things?  Do I sound too flippant?

The antidote to these second-guessing questions of mine is simply expressed by Young in this devotional message.  I have “nothing to hide and nothing to disclose”, because He knows everything about me already.  In other words, if God understands and tells me I don’t need to explain myself to Him, I certainly needn’t spend time worrying about explaining myself to others.  As Young wrote, “Relax and feel the relief of being totally open and authentic with Me.”

Time to pour a second cup of coffee and bask in the worry-free warmth of His complete understanding. 

~~~

4 comments:

  1. I never quite thought of it that way, Sandy. But it is so true isn't it? I'm always second guessing what I say and the comments that I leave on blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And when you begin to think about all the ways people are different and all the ways they can interpret your words - it can be paralyzing. When the reality is, it only matters what God thinks and he knows - and understands - the WHOLE story. That is a so much more reassuring perspective, isn't it.

    Enjoy your day, Jane!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed the quote you shared, as well as your own thoughts about it. Oh boy, do I understand about the second-guessing too.

    But I'm learning, as you are, that I just need to be authentic -- true to who I am and knowing that He knows settles my heart when I start to fret on it.

    Wishing you hugs and freedom to be you!


    BTW, you mention grieving and the 'right' way to do that..... each person goes through those journeys in their own way... it's learning to love without judgement. And if someone judges me I run for refuge to the One who knows me and loves me fiercely and protectively.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's no wrong way to grieve. Grieving is a personal process. And it's a private process. It's not for others to judge.

    ReplyDelete