Pages

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Morning Coffee - The Birds Will Go North Again!


"Oh, every year hath its winter,
And every year hath its rain--
But a day is always coming
When the birds go north again.

"When new leaves swell in the forest,
And grass springs green on the plain,
And alders' veins turn crimson--
And the birds go north again.

"Oh, every heart hath its sorrow,
And every heart hath its pain--
But a day is always coming
When the birds go north again.

"'Tis the sweetest thing to remember,
If courage be on the wane,
When the cold, dark days are over--
Why, the birds go north again."

Mrs. Chas. E. Cowman
Streams in the Desert


I love the thought “…the birds go north again.”  They do!  They always do.  Every year, year after year, always have, always will.  It’s part of the rhythm and balance of life.

I believe I’ll pour another cup of coffee and try to pick up the rhythm and balance of my life today knowing full well that the birds will go north again.”

~~~

2 comments:

  1. I hope you are feeling much better! Blogger won't let me post my comments sometimes, but know that I do drop by for a visit and that I send you good thoughts!

    Be well and take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a dear poem to remind us of the constancy of life. Hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete