Pages

Sunday, October 2, 2011

How Great is That!


Sorting through a box of old papers and inspirational writings, I came across a Statement of Faith that I wrote down on December 17, 1987.  

Today I came to a full realization of what “Faith Is” – something I didn’t grasp before. 

Faith is believing in the promises of Jesus; claiming them and knowing they will hold true. If I accept Jesus, then the Spirit is in me and the fruits of the Spirit are mine:  love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness,  and self-control.

Faith is knowing I will have what is needed.  If and when I need peace, I will have it.  Jesus promised!  Thank-you Jesus!
 
I was 39 years old when I wrote that statement; just a toddler in my walk with the Lord.  Much has happened in the past 24 years but the statement I wrote on that Thursday in 1987  is still a working Faith Statement for me today.   

There is no way I could have prepared myself for the events and experiences of the past three months; no way at all.  But the good news is that I didn’t need to be prepared.  God took care of that when I signed on with Him.  My job was to follow Him completely wherever he led me.  His job was to provide me with whatever I needed – when I needed it.  Both Jim and I - and our kids - experienced this implicitly.  And I can say with full faith and assurance that God does provide!  He does keep his promises!  He is faithful! 

How great is that!!

~~~

3 comments:

  1. How neat is that? Maybe He wanted you to find it to reassure you that you are on the right path. Did you get your garage cleaned out? Wouldn't even know where to begin, if I needed to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love reading old letters and writing - just to see and be encouraged by how our gracious heavenly Father has led!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it wonderful to be reminded of those fresh days of becoming? God is so wise in leading us to those reminders and keeping His word in front of us. Sometimes just picking up an old journal and seeing a victory or a blessing will change the whole day!

    ReplyDelete