Pages

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Morning Verse

Daniel 2:19-23

19 During the night the mystery was revealed to Daniel in a vision.
Then Daniel praised the God of heaven  
20 and said:  "Praise be to the name of God for ever and ever;
wisdom and power are his.

21 He changes times and seasons;
he sets up kings and deposes them.
He gives wisdom to the wise
and knowledge to the discerning.

22 He reveals deep and hidden things;
he knows what lies in darkness,
and light dwells with him.

23 I thank and praise you, O God of my fathers:
You have given me wisdom and power,
you have made known to me what we asked of you,
you have made known to us the dream of the king."


~~~

2 comments:

  1. As I was reading this I was thinking about how Biblical prayers are structured (okay, I am an English teacher). We often forget to praise and thank, instead, we often just jump into the "gimme mode!" Wonderful reminder in this selection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true, Matty. I'm very guilty of using "please" more than "thank-you!".

    ReplyDelete