Pages

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

A few years ago someone introduced me to the art of Bonsai.  Wanting to give this gardening technique a try, I purchases several small bonsai plants.  It wasn't long before they were gone - dead - defunct!  I was deflated.  However, I had purchased several intro to bonsai type books at Half Price Books so I continued to study the matter.  And eventually I discovered that not all bonsai has to be small exotic plants; that one can create interesting plants simply by pruning and reshaping common household plants.  I have had much more luck - and much more fun - with this simplified and less precise method.  These are some plants I've been playing with this summer.


Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment