Pages

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Morning Coffee - More than Happiness

“Happiness is not a sign that we are right with God; happiness is a sign of satisfaction and the majority of us can be satisfied on too low a level.  Jesus Christ disturbs every kind of satisfaction that is less than delight in God.” 
Oswald Chambers
If Thou wilt Be Perfect
There is a difference between happiness and joy and I need to be reminded of this daily.  Life isn’t about my personal happiness it is about seeking true joy in Christ.  God does not want to for me to be happy; He wants more than that for me.  He wants that I find joy in Him.

Time for another cup of coffee and some quiet meditation on the pursuit of a joyful spirit - and maybe a little dreaming of spring!

This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.
Psalm 118:24
~~~

1 comment:

  1. And my joy in Him is there even as life's circumstances are not joyful. The dreaming of spring - great idea!

    ReplyDelete