Pages

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Morning Coffee - His Light Touch


"The Centipede's Dilemma"

A centipede was happy - quite!
Until a toad in fun
Said, "Pray, which leg moves after which?"
This raised her doubts to such a pitch,
She fell exhausted in the ditch
Not knowing how to run.
Unknown
 
"Approach problems with a light touch.  When your mind moves toward a problem area, you tend to focus on that situation so intensely that you lose sight of Me.  You pit yourself against the difficulty as if you had to conquer it immediately.  Your mind gears up for battle, and our body becomes tense and anxious."

"There is a better way."

"Approach problems with a light touch by viewing them in my revealing Light."

Sarah Young
Jesus Calling

When I was taking golf lessons, my instructor warned against the paralysis of analysis:  focusing so intently on doing everything correctly to the extent that I could no longer effectively swing the club. 

As Sarah Young points out this is often how we also approach our problems.  We allow the problem to grab our entire attention.  We plan, devise, strategize and organize, so much so, that we fail to accept – or even recognize - the help that God is offering.  

Instead, we should relax, and approach our problems with the calm assurance that He is with us; our partner and our help in all situations.  It is then that we will be able to most effectively face our challenges.

I believe I will pour another cup of coffee and prepare to accept my day in the sanctuary of His revealing Light.

~~~

3 comments:

  1. What a timely post for this little hamster this morning... running and planning from dawn!

    Have a glorious day, dear Sandy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got to show this your post today to my husband, Sandy. He's very analytical and tends to over think everything! Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your husband and I think alike, Jane - I notoriously over-analyze everything, too! I really need to learn this "Light Touch".

    ReplyDelete