Pages

Friday, July 9, 2010

Why chase anything else?

My son passed on to me his copy of Jesus Manifesto by Leonard Sweet and Frank Viola. He read and reviewed this book for Booksneeze. (His review is here.) I am only as far as Chapter 2 but have found it very interesting as well as inspirational.


From the book, Jesus Manifesto by Leonard Sweet and Frank Viola:
Colossians 1:27
…to [you] God willed to make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.
…this glorious, limitless, amazing, incredible, expansive, incomparable, marvelous, stunning, staggering, majestic, mighty, matchless, spectacular, outstanding, tremendous, immense, infinite, vast, grand, triumphant, victorious, precious, radiant, peerless, wonderful, magnificent Christ has chosen to place all of his fullness where?

Inside of you!

Why, then, Sweet and Viola askwould [I] chase anything else?

Good question!!

~~~

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Isn't it odd how we forget that Christ lives IN us??

    Hugs,

    Matty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I received a copy from the publisher before it was published, and I've still got it on my 'to read' pile by my bedside.

    Your quote makes me thirsty to read more.

    Isn't HE amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that description of Christ. He is all those things and He wants me to reside in me!

    How great is that?

    ReplyDelete