Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Morning Coffee - Country Roads Take Me Home


 
Matty at Lazy Bee Farm Blog included this picture as part of her post about the country drive she and The Mister took last Saturday.  She noted how the road went right through the rock in its way.  Jim and I always loved these winding back roads, studying how the road builders dealt with the obstacles they faced.  No matter what,  the road always reached its destination.

On Monday, my daily devotion seemed to dovetail with this photograph – providing a wonderful visual for the lesson presented.
“When you decide on a course of action that is in line with My will, nothing in heaven or on earth can stop you.  You may encounter many obstacles as you move toward your goal, but don’t be discouraged – never give up!  With My help, you can overcome any obstacle.  Do not expect an easy path as you journey hand in hand with Me, but do remember that I, your very-present Helper, am omnipotent.”

“Slow down, and enjoy the journey in My presence.”

Sarah Young
Jesus Calling

 Time for another cup of coffee and a little of my favorite John Denver music.

♪♫•*¨*•♫♪.. Country roads take me home …♪♫•*¨*•♫♪..to the place I belong…♪♫•*¨*•♫♪..

~~~

4 comments:

  1. The picture really does fit your devotional, doesn't it? When I have a lot of coincidences I assume God is trying to tell me something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great photo and certainly illustrates the devotional. Yes, Jesus is The Way!

    Love those interesting back roads and used to feel safe driving and enjoying them. Nowadays, I don't venture too far from home by myself - unless it is on well traveled roads. We don't have GPS or even a cell phone, lol!

    Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How interesting that I read this same devotional and thought how God tends to push us to where we should be. I guess I need to be a little more accepting of the car issue, eh? Perhaps it is time to get a new one since the old one is 12 years old and has 406500 miles....?? LOL Thanks for the perspective, Ms. Sandy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, Sandy, guess what you've got me hummin' now? (Smile)

    I've got to get me a copy of that Sarah Young book. Such treasures she has in it...... I'm so glad you take time to share snippets with us!!

    BTW... in reply to Matty's car age and mileage... you ain't got nothing on our 16-year-old dame. Car dealerships don't see us very often, sometimes to my own personal chagrin, but my own Mister tends to hang on to them..... LOL

    ReplyDelete