Pages

Friday, July 1, 2011

A New Book - Exploring First Peter


A new book arrived on my doorstep yesterday; an order filler to reach the “Free Shipping” threshold at Amazon. But it will be anything but “filler” for my spiritual growth.  The book is Living as a Christian – Teachings from First Peter by A.W. Tozer. 

In his forward, James Snyder, offers a classic Tozer premise:  “We must start with Christ, continue with Christ and, finally, end with Christ.”  

 It is in this all-encompassing walk with Christ where I frequently stumble.  Sometimes I am hand-in-hand with him - but just as frequently, I can be found wandering off on my own.  I am easily distracted and pulled away.

All of which is why I ordered Living as a Christian.  It wasn’t free shipping I needed as much as Tozer’s - and Peter’s - guidance.

~~~

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to read what inspirations and thoughts you share with us from this book Sandy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always find Tozer interesting, Jane, so I'm hoping for lots of food for thought!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What Jane said..... Thanks for sharing what you glean!

    ReplyDelete