Pages

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Are My Blades Sharp?

“Christians have often disputed as to whether what leads the Christian home is good actions, or Faith in Christ. I have no right really to speak on such a difficult question, but it does seem to me like asking which blade in a pair of scissors is most necessary.” 
C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity


As any serious sewer or crafter knows, those blades – both of them – need to be razor sharp in order to be an effective pair of scissors. The tiniest nick in just one blade can really make a mess of a project. To that end, I treat my sewing scissors with care. I store them in a protective case and keep from using them on blade-destructing projects. So that when I need to use my scissors they are ready and able to do the job they’re called to do – and they can do it effectively.

I wonder if my Christian blades are just as ready to do the job they are called to do? Or do I carelessly toss them into my “junk” drawer where they are repeatedly dulled and nicked by all sorts of blade-destructing encounters - and then wonder why they aren’t as useful as they should be.

~~~

1 comment:

  1. Joyce Meyer did a sermon on trimming the waste; I have a lot of this! Pruning is good, but my scissors are not used nearly as they should be!

    ReplyDelete