Pages

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Spiritually Sensitive to Everyday Moments

Our life is not our own property but a possession of God. And it is this divine ownership that makes life a sacred thing.  
Abraham Heschel

While rummaging through a thrift store while on vacation this past week, I found a book called The Reflective LifeBecoming More Spiritually Sensitive to the Everyday Moments of Life - by Ken Gire. The title alone was reason enough for me to purchase it. And while I really haven’t begun to study it in earnest yet, I did skim through the first few pages where I encountered the above quote.

Our life is not our own property but a possession of God. Beginning each day with that perspective in mind will go a long way to help me become more spiritually sensitive to my everyday moments.  And that is my goal.

~~~

2 comments:

  1. Yes... it is this divine ownership that makes life a sacred thing. Beautiful thought to remember!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our culture sure pulls us the other way doesn't it. "It's your life!" or "Be you and do it your way." We are told this is how we reach true happiness. No wonder so many people are so unhappy.

    ReplyDelete