Pages

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Morning Coffee - Meet Him Alone; Meet Him Regularly

Be ready in the morning, and come up…..present thyself there to me in the top of the mount.  And no man shall come up with thee.  
Ex 34:2-3

"The morning watch is essential.  You must not face the day until you have faced God, nor look into the face of others until you have looked into His."

"You cannot expect the day to be victorious, if the day begins only in your own strength."

"Meet Him alone. Meet Him regularly.  Meet Him with His open Book of counsel before you; and face the regular and the irregular duties of each day with the influence of His personality definitely controlling your every act."

Streams in the Desert
Mrs. Chas. E. Cowman

It's time to refill my cup and strengthen myself for the day ahead. 

~~~

6 comments:

  1. Hmm... Maybe I need to change my routine. I never study the Bible in the AM because I'm not a morning person. Maybe I'd become one if I was doing something constructive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the quietness of morning -- unless -- as today -- I oversleep! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, Jane, I would REALLY have trouble if I had to do my Bible Study in the evening or before bed. I am definitely a morning person. By evening I have no energy to do much of anything. You could look at your afternoon/evening Bible Study as preparing for the next day ahead. (-:

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a good way to look at it Sandy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is interesting how the Bible needs to be read with an open heart, a seeking heart, and with meditation and thought to renew our mind. Morning works best for hubby and me - but any time is great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with Matty, I LOVE the quietness of morning. I never could enjoy my mornings when I used to have to trod off into rush hour traffic and head to the office.

    But now I enjoy mornings very much. I have time to read, look into His face, ponder, and drink my coffee with anticipation.

    ReplyDelete