Pages

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

A Last Letter

From a letter to a child about Narnia. This was written in October 1963 – only weeks before his death.
“Many thanks for your kind letter, and it was very good of you to write and tell me that you like my books; and what a very good letter you write for your age!

“If you continue to love Jesus, nothing much can go wrong with you, and I hope you may always do so. I’m so thankful that you realized the ‘hidden story’ in the Narnian books. It is odd, children nearly always do, grown ups hardly ever.

“I’m afraid the Narnian series has come to an end, and am sorry to tell you that you can expect no more.

"God bless you."

Yours, Jack
C.S. Lewis

Yours, Jack was a wonderful book and as I said earlier, I highly recommend it. It has whetted my appetite for more of his writings. So I am now off to Narnia to search for the “hidden story”! I can’t wait to see what adventures and secrets I encounter.

~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment