Pages

Friday, November 9, 2012

Morning Coffee - Hey You of Little Faith



Yesterday I made a monumental decision – probably only monumental for me because I am such a big chicken.  I rarely take risks, preferring instead the safe and less challenging paths in life.  So my big decision is this:  I will drive – by myself – the 600 miles of road between here and Indianapolis to see my friend, Audrey.  I know,  no big deal to many most people, but to me this is huge!  So many uncertainties; so many unknowns; my mind reels with them. 

In fact they got the better of me during the night and when I woke up this morning, the trip was off.  What on earth was I thinking to think this was doable for me?  Then I began my devotional time.  Doesn’t God work in wonderful ways?  These are the bible verses that accompanied my readings for today:

Be not afraid, only believe.  Mark 5:36

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.  Deuteronomy 31:6

Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life.  Luke 12:25

O you of little faith.  Luke 12:28

Ok – I get the message.  Time for one more cup of coffee before I begin to pack!

No comments:

Post a Comment